Day 25 being a write off thanks to foam offgassing poison migraine doom, days 26-28 contained frantic ply lining, electrics pre-wiring and the installation of vents.
These little marvels work fantastically well for reducing squeaks etc.. If you get them lined up perfectly. And they don’t jump out of their hole before they are tightened down.. And the bolt is long enough to catch the thread.. In other words, potentially great, but extremely time consuming. Persisted much longer than I should have before swapping to self tapping screws.
Vague attempts to work out cable runs were mostly fairly successful, but the rat’s nest stage was a complete pain in the arse.
I may not make it onto the conver of Practical Woodworking with my box making techniques, but they totally boxed good.
Drilling the giant holes in the van was scary. I made Pep do the second one. I was too scared.
Replaced the AC transformers for the LED panels with some wee 4x1W 280mA DC constant current transformers. It totally worked! Am mad wizard.
Next step.. tidily wire up fuse box and label neatly. Remember fuse box must be dismantled for fitting onto the ply lining. Swear gently.
I made lights happen! aww yeahhhhh.
Luckily, I was carrying the bundle of wires, switches and power outlets I had soldered together ready to fit for the power outlets in the back of the van up the garden as I was pondering how switches even WORK I mean they don’t even make sense. The reason being – how I had done them made no sense. Don’t drive your life hypoglycaemic if you can at all help it is the moral of this story.